Monday, September 29, 2008

Color your own Tarot, Part 1

Over at the OFS-Demonolatry forum, someone posted a link to an Amazon.com page that had color your own tarot deck on it. That got a few people thinking and a community craft project of coloring, or creating, your own tarot deck was started where everyone could participate and show off what they were doing. I'm going to show off what I've been working on here as well.

Yesterday, I printed off a version of the Vacchetta Tarot deck on 110lb. white card stock. I also printed a design I found on the reverse sides. You can find the Vacchetta deck here:

Now I just have to raid my wifes art supplies to get some coloring pencils! Here is what I have done so far:

Photobucket

I'm planning on picking a few primary colors for each of the suits and then go into more details for the major arcania.

I trimmed the cards tight to the lines but now I'm thinking I should have left a border. Not only would this look better but it would also allow me to round the corners with a corner punch. I might have to re-think what I've done so far or maybe just treat my current deck as a prototype.

2 comments:

S. J. Reisner || Audrey Brice || S. Connolly said...

I think they look awesome. :) I can't wait to see what they're going to look like colored.

Unknown said...

The original article and cards can be found here:

http://altreligion.net/?page_id=12