Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Projects to blog about

I thought I would have had some of the projects I've been working on completed by today, but sadly I don't. Life has been cruel to my spare time, and frankly, season 2 of Heroes came out on DVD not to long ago and I've been watching that. So, instead of showing you the end result of what I've been working on, I thought I'd just tell you what I've been working on. Maybe it will get you excited to see the end results.

I've been reading through The Magician's Companion for the last 2 weeks or so and I'm almost done, so once I am, I'll be posting my thoughts and a review. Goetic Demonolatry, Sanctus Quattuordecim, and The Art of Creative Magick arrived from lulu yesterday so I'll be reading them very soon. I've already given them a brief once over and I know I'll have great things to say about 2 of them and not so great things to say about the other. I won't say which one just yet.

I've been planning to buy a few books on Hermetics and use the money I get from selling my plasma to pay for them. With the purchase of a pickup last week, that plan is going to be limited while I divert some of my book money into my truck payment. So, I guess that means I'll just start re-reading some older books of mine and refresh my memory enough to review them instead.

Since reading the Al-Jilwah for the first time last week, I've been doing some research into it and so I'm planning on posting my thoughts on Yazidi's Book of Revelations. There is a lot already out there in web-land but I just don't feel right not adding my two cents!

Now that I have a pickup, the huge overhaul of my garage has begun and the cleaning of some space is now immanent. I'll be able to start experimenting with, and making, oleums. My candle making supplies have resurfaced which I'm viewing as an auspicious sign for my want to make my own ritual supplies. I've been keeping an eye open for other bits and pieces to serve as my ritual tools. The coming of the 2nd Rite to Leviathan is spurring me into overdrive. I hope to be ready for it. Of course I'll have a lot of say as I get prepared and I'll be sure to share it here.

I have a pray ritual that I've been tossing around in my head concerning The Nine Demonic Divinities, I've been working through a fully comprehensive pronunciation guide for Demonic Enns, and I've been comparing Demonic correspondences with other cultures/religions/pantheons and I've been coming up with some interesting conclusions and ideas.

I have plenty on my plate to keep me blogging, I just need to get some of it finished and finalized first!

No comments: