I've already made up a base earlier and so I wanted to finish it off an make an actual oleum. Due to the up coming holiday I wanted to make oleum of Leviathan so I gathered the ingredients, tools and that made up base.
The dry materials consisted of sea salt and calamus root. I grounded the calamus but didn't bother grinding the salt - it is salt, I don't think I could get it finer.
I added everything to the double boiler and boiled it for about 15 minutes:
I then strained it through a fine mess strainer:
The mix in the strainer still looked like it had a lot of oil still in it so I put it into a clean, dry rag:
and squeezed it:
then I strained it some more:
I then added tincture of benzoin to the oleum to add to its shelf life:
Next was bottling time:
And the finished product: